Friday, July 20, 2012

Sunshine Lemonade First Birthday

Well, she went and did it.  My very last baby turned one!  Gah, why does time have to go by so fast??!!  I think it may be time for another baby...Now I just need to convince my hubby.

So, for Ellie's first birthday, I knew I wanted the theme to have something to do with the song, "You are my Sunshine."  I sing that song to her while we cuddle.  Since she was born in June, I thought the sunshine theme would be perfect.  Then, I threw in the lemonade part just to make it a bit cuter.  Our colors were pink, yellow, and a pop of aqua.

I am going to have to break this into a couple of posts, because I don't have pictures taken of everything and I really want to share EVERYTHING!

So, let's start with favors.  I love sending my guests home with fun things.  For this party, I came up with my favorite favor ever--a CD filled with sunshine music.  I put some of my favorite songs on the CD for people to listen to on a rainy day.  They all had to do with sunshine.  But, my favorite part of the CD, was the CD itself.  I found this wonderful place that prints on the CD for you for very cheap--less than 50 cents each!  I didn't get a great picture of them, but here is an instagram photo of it!  My mother in law sewed up little square pouches to put them in.  I bought them from NCIMedia and I couldn't be more thrilled with their quality and service!  They were easy to order--I just designed the front and uploaded it!


The second favor were these cute little gumball tubes filled with lemonade gum.  I have seen these all over and really wanted to make sure that I included them in the party.  I didn't really want to pay too much for them and it seems like everywhere I looked, the shipping was outrageous!  I ended up buying them at I Heart Papers and was a little nervous about it since I had never ordered from them before.  But, I can't praise them enough!  The shipping was fast and inexpensive!  I will definitely be ordering them again from there!  Then I found a cute graphic online and changed the colors of it to match mine, added the polkadot background and had my silhouette cut it out.  I tied it on the top with bakers twine.  I am in love with baker's twine!


For the third favor (yes I might have gone a bit overboard) I found the CUTEST little candy bins with even cuter tiny scoops!  Since we had a lot of younger kids coming to the party, I wanted to make sure they have a favor just for them.  So I loaded each little bin up with matching M&M's. I designed a little label to go on top using digital papers that I used throughout the party and on her invites.  I loved the way they turned out!





Now, onto other decor.  I made this adorable wreath out of yarn, a little banner I made out of the same digital scrapbook paper, and a wooden letter I bought from Hobby Lobby.  My E sort of fell over during the party :(  It is supposed to be leaning up, tilted facing the right side.  Just use your imagination!



Another fun, and perhaps one of my favorite things of the whole party was the lemonade stand my hubby made!  I am in love with it and can imagine my kiddos using it a lot for impromptu lemonade sales!  We found the tutorial at Lil Luna and followed it very easily.  My fabric bunting ended up being a bit too big, but oh well.  I just loved the way the whole thing looked




I bought mason jars and wrapped them with left over scrap fabrics that I used for the bunting.

Now, onto inside and the dessert table!  I used a long table and butted it up against the fireplace. Since this was at my parents' house, I couldn't really take down their picture over the fireplace, so just pretend that isn't there!

My hubby and I made the Sunshine sign that morning based off of one that I had pinned on pinterest.  I love how it turned out and plan on hanging it in her room.  Then I added pictures from her one year old shoot on either side and some tissue poms.  I had more poms ready to make, but I ran out of time!  Imagine that!

I hung her banner on the fireplace and am so disappointed with how it looked.  I love the way it turned out, but it was wayyyyy to big.  I took a pic of her every day on her monthly birthday in some onesies I had made for my older daughter.  They have a number that corresponds with the month.  It was really cute, just way too big!

I bought a number 1 chocolate lollipop mold off of ebay and made these the week of her party.  They were super easy and the kids loved them!







My sister made these cake pops for me and then I put them in the cutest little paper cups that I bought from Sur La Table.  I bought little Martha Stewart bows from Jo Annes and put them on the tip of each stick.  I LOVED how these looked!

Her store bought cake.


I made her tiny smash cake.  I loved the way it turned out and it was super easy to make!


I scoured Craigslist for months looking for an antique highchair!  I finally found one and sprayed it pink, then distressed it.  It turned out just like I envisioned and she looked super duper cute in it!




 Next week I'll post pictures of the activities that we did, our fingerprint guest tree, her invitation, and some super cute pictures of the birthday girl herself!

Thanks for visiting!

Shared on these wonderful blogs:

The Shabby Nest Somewhat Simple Photobucket



7 comments:

  1. These tubes are adorable! I love your color scheme! Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This party is amazing!! I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute party! I love the lemonade stand, and all the other little details you put into the whole event!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to see the rest! This party made my heart skip a beat! So fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would you mind sharing a step-by-step on how you made the tags for your gumball tubes? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! Would you mind sharing your playlist for the CD? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joyous to know about this information on birthday party and I am sure you had amazing time there. I am planning to arrange my mom’s birthday party and looking for affordable Chicago venues. Hope to find a beautiful venue to have great party.

    ReplyDelete