So, to hold myself accountable, I am going to post them on the blog for all to see. If you want to share your's with me, I would love to hear them. Maybe we can cheer each other on!
My first one will probably be the hardest one. I want to lose weight. I used to be a skinny minny, as in my nickname used to be Stick. I could eat and eat and eat and nothing would happen. I didn't even ever have to work out. Then, I was blessed with three kids and along with those three blessings came a bigger belly and a god awful muffin top. So, something needs to give. I need to learn how to eat better and find some time to actually exercise. Yikes!
My second resolution is to document life a bit more. I want to do my own version of Project 365, an Instagram version. I always have my phone with me, so why not use it! I found these templates that would be perfect to document my Instagram pictures with. I still need to take my pic for today!
My third resolution is to do more with the kids. I feel like we are just getting by each day. I feel stressed, I feel rushed, I feel pulled in four different ways. We need to get out. We need to go on a journey. We need to experience life more. Go to the zoo on a whim or surprise the kids with more park stops on the way home from school. SOMETHING.
And, drum roll please....
My last resolution is to make our new build house into a home. We moved into this new house about three years ago. It is still cold and bare, its just a house. Well, this year, that is all going to change. We are going to tackle one project at a time and warm up our house. I have a ton of design ideas, just haven't had the time or the money to do them all!
So, that leads me to the mood board I have been working on. Emma and Ellie's rooms were both painted pink the year we moved in and when we found out Ellie was a girl. Poor Nathan's room has not been touched! I have been collecting ideas for my little Star Wars loving man, and I think I've come up with a room that he can grow into. Without further adieu, here is the plan for his room.
1. Benjamin Moore paint colors Newburyport Blue and Marina Gray. I want to paint three walls the gray color and then the wall with the window will be blue.
2. Love this shelf from Target, and the price can't be beat!
3. I want to do some sort of big stripe curtain. These are from Land of Nod, but I think I may be able to make them for a lot cheaper.
4. This is going to be another project I will be working on soon.
5. Nathan plays with Legos 99% of the time. The boy can build anything, but his creations usually get crushed because they are left on the floor. I think these two shelves would be perfect for him to put his creations on. I want to hang them up right above his lego table (which is another work in progress project I hope to share with you soon!)
6. LOVE this print for Chatty Nora. I think it is perfect for his room--not too in your face Star Wars, but still cute for the true fan.
7. N has bunkbeds and he usually sleeps on the top bunk. I want to hang this on the wall his bed is up against so he can keep his favorite books and a flashlight right next to him.
8. He needs some sort of baskets for his shelf to keep his stuff if. I love the look of wire baskets. I found these on Amazon for a pretty good price.
9. I think this gray striped rug would help ground things in his room.
I am still on the look out for the perfect bedding. I would love to get the Pottery Barn Star Wars bedding, but since he has bunkbeds and I would need to buy two sets, it just isn't in the budget. I really want just to plain gray, soft quilts. Then I can always add some of the Pottery Barn shams to the beds.
So, there you have it--N's future room. What do you think???
I had so much fun making this design board! If you are interested in one, leave a comment here and we can talk!